Today is the first day of my college life, so Ii is kinda like a MUST blog it down to leave a special remembrance in the history of my life.
It all started from yesterday. We had like the whole week to prepare for the college start but as usual, I, took the pleasure of enjoying my week in Perth first before school starts, till the last day……
That morning, we went to the school to fetch our timetables and have a visit around the school. We woke up really early, I woke up really early compared to the rest, guess I gave in to the tension and couldn’t get much of sleep. After we got ready, the whole team, Me, Ken, Edward, Jason, Liz, Cindy, Angel, and Kelly went off. The football team was all geared up and ready to school.
We headed off to school 15 minutes early, just to realized that nearly everyone has reached the school, the phrase, the early bird gets the worm, suits this situation for sure. Then, something happened…… We were so sad, to find that all of us had to separate and leave for our own classes. I had no one together in my class too…
There was the usual school briefing that should all schools have, and knowing more about the teacher, the students, the school history. It ended off with a tour around the school. It was like imprinting the school’s blueprint into my brains and I had a clear picture of how the school was.
As Chinese New Year was arriving soon, the girls suggested that we go and get some new shirts to celebrate the festival. But that meant $$, which is like so T.T for me, spending again. We took the bus right down to harbor town, a place with a lot of factory outlet shops of all kind. A few friends even had to go “toot” their ATM cards to shop till their drops. Everyone bought stuff, ranging from ten twenty dollars, till someone above a hundred, everyone, except me. Actually I could have bought a shirt or two, it wouldn’t be too much too, but thinking that mom and dad are really saving up for me to studying and living up in Perth, that, killed any means of thoughts of buying or spending anything. Well, everyone went home happy, including me for succeeding in saving up some money =3
At night, all of us went into our rooms really early trying to get enough rest. We all toss and turned, around here and around there, up and down, trying really hard to rest up for tomorrow to start. All was perfect, except the weather. It was really hot and dry, no one could sleep till like 1-2 am in the morning, gosh, that is not going to look good the next day.
THE TIME HAS ARRIVED . . .
Alarms rang, the bathrooms sounded, the pan was heated, the drums of the battlefield ROARED to start off our college life. We went to the start off the battle, departed at the canteen and left to our classes. I had calculus for my first period, what a nice way to start off my new life ><, and Edward was with me. My teacher for calculus is Mr. Rob Scott, who wants us to know him as Rob, like a friend kind of name. We filled some forms, knowing the details about us, but there was this special form to see what name you would like your teacher to call you. I wanted the teacher to call myself, Bibi, or Bobo, or Bubu, but the name my parents gave me was the best. There was a difference too compared to secondary school. Our classes are 1 hour and 45 torturing minutes long for each subject, about 3 subjects a day, which totals up to about 5-6 hours of studying in class everyday, bummer ><” That is sooooooo tiring for me. We could also go out of class without having top ask our teacher for a toilet break or even a simple walk around to cope with the tiredness. We could also wear anything that suits the taste of normal people. The best thing of all is that the teacher only talks like 45 minutes in each subject and the rest is for us to complete up work and utilize the time to ask whatever we don’t understand and sections that we need more understanding in.
During the 15 minute break, I went to the canteen to buy a cup of French fries to make up for my lost during breakfast, it cost me like 2.5 dollars, which is like Rm7.5, awww, first day of school, forget about it ba.
After the break, I was off to ESL, short form for ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE . My teacher was Mrs.Lyn Payne. The same thing went on, we filled the forms, and was briefed on stuffs that we needed to know as a UPSTREAM student, named by the school staffs for those students that obey the school stuff and do anything except being bad. Before it ended, we had to write the primary essay that everyone must had before – Myself. It has been like 10 years since I wrote about myself and it seemed harder then anything else I have written for quite sometime. My name, age, family background ,hobbies, personalities, likes and dislikes and my future hopes were all there to start and go. I just simply finished off the essay as the class time had ended.
Lunch was so sad T.T We arrived late because we had to gather everyone up, find a place to sit first. When the queue was finally over, all there was left was the burgers and fried up stuff, SO EXPENSIVE ALSO, 5 dollars for a suckish burger, while I could like get 2 sets of double cheeseburger, upsized soft drink and fries for it back in Miri. Oh well, that was the only way to settle for my hungry stomach.
Last lesson of the day was Chemistry, with Mr. Ian something, I was too tired to notice or remember. It was the toughest 1 and 45 minutes to pass by, I was barely awake, dozing off every second moment, trying to sneak in a glance of rest whenever the teacher was writing. At 2.30, I remembered it so clearly, I caught the hiccups, of all the days and times to get one, it had to be in the most boring class, the class that I was the most tired, and when my water ran out = = I tried to control it, but who can control nature? It just went on and on until everyone glanced over and I was super embarrassed by it. What to do, I held my breath for as long as I could and finally it was over, thank God.
At the end of the day, we took the bus to Karawara, our usual shopping mall, bought our groceries and called it a day. Everyone was way poofed off to do anything else. Oh ya, we had to watch the fire escapie movie in the office too, and atleast it wasn’t that boring, compared to my classes.
And here I am, finishing off this blog entry before I head to get more rest, to start the second day of my college life. I’ll update too if there is anything I suddenly remember =3=3 Take care everyone ^^
0 Hiiyah(s)!:
Post a Comment